Student Advisory Board | Writers Group | Internships
Student Advisory Board
Do you want to lead your peers and learn more about First Stage and professional theaters work? Join the Student Advisory Board and consult on all aspects of First Stage from Academy to Production to Theater in Education.
- Organize social events
- Bring a student perspective to Academy programming and policies
- Serve as a First Stage Newscaster on happenings across the company for the website, blog, and YouTube
- Help volunteer in the Academy Office and usher for Academy productions
- Attend events to tell others what First Stage means to you!
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are now being accepted.
Download an application form here.
For more information or an application, contact Katie Cummings at (414) 267-2975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities for Writers
Join the Writers Group E-mail list!
Do you want to hear about opportunities for writers? New play workshops? Writing contests? Writers Group Meetings? Sign up to be on the writers group e-mail list!
Academy Writing Challenges
For one month, you get to lock away your inner editor, let your imagination take over, and take some creative risks! Receive support and feedback through writing meet-ups with other passionate writers!
- National Novel Writing Month - It's a fun, seat-of-your-pants writing event where the challenge is to complete an entire novel in just thirty days. Set your own word count goals and create your own masterpiece!
NaNoWriMo Meet Ups are Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm
October 28; November 4, 11, 18
- National Poetry Writing Month - Celebrating poetry through the challenge of writing a poem a day for thirty days. Experiment with imagery, poetry forms, language, rhythm, and walk away with a collection of poetry all your own!
NaPoWriMo Meet Ups are Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm
April 6, 13, 20, 27
To sign up or for more information, contact Katie Cummings at (414) 267-2975 or email@example.com.
Do you see yourself as a mentor? Do you want to put your office skills to the test? If you answered yes to either of these questions, the First Stage Theater Academy Internship program is for you!
- Classroom Interns: Interns serve as a role model, guide, mentor and teacher's assistant. Once classes begin, teachers and students count on our interns and look forward to seeing them each week. All classes meet during our normal Academy hours.
- Office Assistant: An intern may serve as an assistant in the Academy Office, answering the telephone, taking attendance, light customer service, filing paperwork, making copies, compiling data, delivering messages, etc.
Student may earn tuition credit while serving as an intern. Internship applications are now available for Summer 2017.
For more information, please contact Katie Cummings at (414) 267-2979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.