CARROLL UNIVERSITY - Arts Integration: Transforming Learning through Theater (Course-EDU691F)
DATES/TIMES: TWO SATURDAYS: Saturday, February 11, 2017 and Saturday, February 25, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
GRADE LEVEL: K4-8 Classroom teachers, administrators and specialists
LOCATION: Carroll University for Graduate Studies (2140 Davidson Rd., Waukesha, WI)
Teachers may earn an optional 1, 2 or 3 graduate education credits from Carroll University at a special reduced professional development rate of $262.50 per Carroll University Graduate credit (1/2 price tuition fee). Teachers who opt to participate for no credit will be charged a $150 audit registration fee.
With First Stage's 30 years of experience and expertise in creating and facilitating arts integrated lessons throughout the curricula, participants will:
- Explore and discuss the definition of Arts Integration, piece by piece, and develop a clear and well-defined understanding of this methodology.
- Engage in a variety of dramatic activities including pantomome, role play, improvisation and storytelling.
- Gain practical application tips on how to successfully implement dramatic activities in the classroom and connect them to grade appropriate ELA-Literacy Common Core State Standards.
For more information on this course and registration, please contact Julia Magnasco, facilitator and First Stage Education Director at Julia@firststage.org or (414) 267-2971.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Bring First Stage to your next staff meeting or Professional Development day!
Workshop options include:
- An Introduction to Arts-Integration
- Connecting the Arts to the Common Core State Standards
- Using Readers Theater to Develop Close Reading Strategies
PRICE: $300 per workshop
GRADE LEVEL: K4-8
LOCATION: First Stage comes to your classroom OR you can come to the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center
DATES AND TIMES: Workshops are two hours long, we can accommodate your schedule.
LIFE SKILLS THROUGH STAGE SKILLS WORKSHOPS
- CREATIVE DRAMA WORKSHOP (Grades K4-2): Imagine, interact and reflect upon stories and improvised situations.
- CORE DRAMA WORKSHOP (Grades 3-8): Actor training for students cna concentrate on several areas, including: introduction to acting, stage movement, voice and speech, improvisation, and Shakespeare.
- CUSTOM WORKSHOP (Grades K4-8): First Stage will customize a workhsop to fit yoru needs. Perfect for high interest days, forensics team coaching, Scout troop meetings, and team building.
PRICE: $150 per workshop
GRADE LEVEL: K4-8
LOCATION: First Stage comes to your classroom or community center
TIMES: Workshops are 1 hour long, and we are flexible to your schedule
National Core Arts Standards: Anchor Theatre Standards:
Anchor Standards #1, #2, #3, #4, #10 and #11.
P21 Skills: Collaboration and Communicaiton, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Leadership and Responsibility