Through the generous support of individuals, corporations and foundations, First Stage is able to make arts education accessible to all children in our community through:
- Professional Theater productions that inspire, enlighten and entertain
- Unparalleled Theater Academy training that fosters life skills through stage skills
- Dynamic Theater in Education programs that promote active learning in our schools and community
With an annual operating budget of $4.7 million, $2 million of which is contributed revenue, we rely on the community to keep our programming accessible and help children develop skills fundamental to success in life such as self-confidence, leadership, and teamwork. View more detail in our 2010-2011 Annual Report
Independent evaluation supports this! Please see our most recent emotional intelligence evaluation
conducted by Reinders Research and funded by Northwestern Mutual Foundation.
As we enter our 25th Anniversary season, we would like to acknowledge the following corporations and foundations who have supported us over the last 25 years, and our 2010-2011 family of donors.
One of the primary ways that your support impacts the children in our community is through First Stage’s Community Partnership Program. Designed to “open new doors for low-income City of Milwaukee youth,” the Community Partnership Program reaches 4,800 children and their families annually. First Stage’s Community Partnership Program budget has grown from $400,667 in 2004-2005 to a $911,722 initiative in 2011-2012. Approximately 90% of the Community Partnership Program is funded by generous contributions, indicating the widespread community support for this critically important and highly-valued educational initiative.
Donor Benefits are cumulative as giving increases:
- Star ($100+) – Recognition in the First Stage Playbill and Lobby Sign
- Playwright ($250+) – 2 tickets to a Donor Preview Performance and Reception in our 2012-2013 Season
- Director ($500+) - 2 additional tickets to a Donor Preview Performance and Reception in our 2012-2013 Season Individuals who give $1,000 or more become members of the Ovation Society.
- Artistic Director ($1000+) – Special recognition and gift of appreciation
- Producer ($2500+) – Invitation to a special Academy Beginning-of-Day breakfast
- Impresario ($5,000) - Receives an invitation to our New Play Development Workshops and other exclusive events
More opportunities to support First Stage
Celebrate Education Fundraising Program
Let's party! 15% of your purchase from Birthday Express, Costume Express and Celebrate Express will benefit First Stage!
Earn money for First Stage as you search and shop online using this charitable search engine. Visit http://www.goodsearch.com/
Don't forget to select First Stage before you start surfing!