Classroom Partnership Package
This affordable year-long partnership between your classroom and First Stage gives you the best of what First Stage has to offer at the lowest price possible! Partnership classrooms receive a significant discount on First Stage programming. The cost of each student is only $16 - a savings of nearly $200 per classroom!
For only $16 per student you get:
Tickets to any First Stage play
- The cost of tickets for each student is included in the Partnership Program package; groups receive one additional chaperone ticket for every 10 students attending a school show.
- Enrichment Guides integrating age-appropriate curricular connections for each production are distributed to classroom teachers.
- A 45-minute in-school workshop lead by a First Stage teaching artist prior to seeing a production at First Stage.
- These unified lessons combine discussions of production elements with active participation in dramatic activities related thematically to the play.
- This involvement prepares students for the production, as well as deepens their understanding and personal connection to the themes and issues explored throughout the play.
- A 45-minute in-school workshop lead by a First Stage teaching artist after seeing a production at First Stage.
- This participatory workshop continues the development of students’ understanding and connections to themes and issues presented in the show.
- Students are challenged to think beyond what they saw on stage by continuing their exploration of themes and character relationships, and how they relate to their world.
Any Arts-Integrated Teaching Through Theater Workshop
- A weeklong program utilizing dramatic activities to teach lessons throughout the curricula.
- For a listing of opportunities, click HERE.
Specially designed art and music projects
- Our Education Department works individually with Partnership school art and music teachers to incorporate dramatic themes and music from First Stage productions into their existing curriculum.
- Partnership schools receive first priority in displaying student artwork relating to First Stage productions in the lobby of the Todd Wehr Theater.
If you are interested in become a Partnership classroom, please contact the Theater in Education office at (414) 267-2978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*An additional charge of $1.25 per student may apply for those teachers who choose our Holiday production as the performance for their classrooms to attend.
*Schools outside of Milwaukee County will be charged an additional mileage fee (in accordance with mileage costs per the IRS) for programming that takes place at their schools (including in-school workshops).
Photo by Maureen Hartjes