For Grades 5-12 and by audition only
In these concentrated show clinics, students work with theater professionals for two weeks to broaden their performance skills, deepen their knowledge of theater, and perform a popular show as their final presentation. During the summer, mornings will be designated for classes across the Academy curriculum, including Acting Theory, Voice and Movement, Improvisation, Shakespeare, and Musical Theater. Afternoons will be spent in rehearsals. High-school level Performance Experiences are considered Company Classes, the most extensive and concentrated classes offered over the summer.
- Use your smartphone or tablet to record your child performing their song and monologue.
- Go to the YouTube app on your device (sign in with your Google account)
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom of your screen
- Select the upload a video option
- Tap allow access
- Tap the video you want to upload
- Tap next
- Complete the information – title and description
- Tap on public and change the setting to unlisted
- Tap next
- Tap upload
- Once your video is uploaded tap on it and then tap share. Tap on copy link
- Complete the Google form and paste the link into the correct place on the form.
- Your audition is submitted!
NOTE: these classes are held in-person at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center. First Stage and MYAC staff will be following and exceeding CDC guidelines without exception as we hold modified classes in the building. More information regarding health and safety procedures will be sent to all registered families.