Why Support Us
All of First Stage’s programs work toward the same goal; the education and personal development of young people. We strive to ensure they are accessible to and reflective of our increasingly diverse community.
As a non-profit organization, we can’t do it alone. Approximately half of our revenue comes from ticket sales and class fees and the other half from generous contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, government sources and the United Performing Arts Fund.
First Stage serves over 130,000 people each year at the theater, in the classroom and in the community. Consider the impact your gift can make for:
"The arts are a vital piece of our family culture, and it is woven into most aspects of our lives. The many shows we have seen at First Stage are excellent opportunities for our family to connect and learn, to be entertained, and are a regular part of the intergenerational family experiences we cherish.”
"As someone who is half Hispanic and very connected to my roots, I have always wanted to be in an environment in which diversity isn’t just allowed, but praised. First Stage is the only place I’ve ever been where everyone truly loves each other, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic standing. First Stage has taught me, and everyone who has ever been part of their programs, that respect and compassion can break down all barriers.”
"First Stage’s Literacy Plus residency helped my students develop communication skills, build self-confidence, develop cooperation and positive social skills.”
First Stage truly transforms lives through theater.
Thank you for your interest in making a donation to First Stage. A gift of any size makes a difference.
- $10/month – One classroom receives a pre-show and post-show workshop when attending a First Stage production.
- $20/month – One young person on the autism spectrum participates in First Stage’s week-long Next Steps program.
- $30/month – One program partner engages in an interactive Family Literacy Night Workshop.
- $40/month – One young person receives financial tuition assistance for one full year of Theater Academy.
- $50/month – Two classrooms take a field trip to First Stage’s professional Theater Productions