Sensory Friendly Performances
Enjoy a performance where families with children who need sensory accommodations can share the experience of seeing family-friendly theater.
These performances feature a welcoming environment including lower sound, lights up, and available quiet areas staffed by educators experienced with the care of students with autism and other developmental differences.
Sensory Friendly performance accommodations include:
- Smaller audience size
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show.
- An opportunity to see the actors in costume prior to the performance.
- Quiet areas available, staffed by educators experienced with the care of students on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities.
- Noise-cancelling headphones available for use during the performance, if needed.
- Social stories that outline the experience at the theater available; show-specific social stories created closer to the performance date.
- TV monitors available in the Todd Wehr Theater lobby from which to view the performance, should an audience member need to leave the theater during the performance.
- Money back guarantee: If you realize before the performance that a trip to the theater will not be ideal for your family on that day, we will offer a ticket exchange to another performance of your choice or a refund of your ticket purchase.
Please review our COVID-19 Safety Protocols as you plan your return to live theater performances. Tickets for our 2021/22 Sensory Friendly Performances are on sale October 4, 2021.
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 7PM
The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963
Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 4PM
The Dancing Granny
Sunday, February 27, 2022 at 2PM
The Legend of Rock, Paper Scissors
Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 4PM
The Amazing Lemonade Girl
Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 4PM
Last Stop on Market Street
Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 2PM