Frequently Asked Questions
You may purchase single tickets in person at two locations:
- Tickets for any First Stage performance are available at the First Stage office in the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center, 325 W. Walnut Street, weekdays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tickets for any performance at the Todd Wehr Theater in the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts through the Marcus Center box office, 929 N. Water Street in downtown Milwaukee. Marcus Center box office hours are 12 – 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 – 5 p.m. on Sunday. There is a small driveway in front of the box office lobby on Water Street available for short-term parking.
Can I exchange my tickets?
- Absolutely! First Stage offers flexible ticket exchanges to accommodate busy families. Patrons with a Family Package receive the benefit of free ticket exchanges – there is not a fee unless the tickets for the new performance are located in a higher-priced section.
- If you need to exchange your single tickets, there is a $6 fee for the entire order to process this exchange.
- To exchange your tickets, please call the Patron Services Manager at (414) 267-2961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to purchase a ticket for my infant or small child?
- All persons regardless age of must have a ticket. Children may sit in laps, but a ticket is required.
- Our plays can be enjoyed by children, teens and adults alike, but parents and grandparents are the best judge of your child’s ability to understand and appreciate a specific play. We recommend that children under age 3 do not attend our performances.
I have a group of 10 or more for a weekend performance. Is there a discount available for groups this size?
- Groups of 10 or more may receive a discount off the single ticket price for select seats to weekend performances at the Todd Wehr Theater. Group discounts are not available for weekend performances of our First Steps Series or Young Company plays.
- Contact the First Stage Box Office at (414) 267-2961 or email email@example.com for more information.
How can I bring a school group to a First Stage performance for a field trip?
- School groups of 10 or more may attend our weekday matinee performances.
- Learn more about making a school group reservation for a field trip to a First Stage performance, as well as other Theater in Education programs that tie our plays to classroom curriculum. You may also contact our Assistant Patron Services Manager at (414) 267-2962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the running time of performances?
- Performance durations can vary, but all weekend performances in the Todd Wehr Theater are approximately 90 minutes in length including the intermission.
- School matinee performances are approximately 75-80 minutes in length, and are performed without intermission.
- First Steps Series performances are approximately 45-60 minutes in length for weekend and school matinee performances and are performed without intermission.
- Young Company performances are usually 90 minutes to two hours in length, with intermission.
Where do I park?
- For First Stage performances at the Marcus Performing Arts Center, there is a parking structure located across the street from the Marcus Center at State and Water Streets, connected to the Marcus Center via Skywalk. The event parking fee is $15, payable by credit or debit card only. Please check the Marcus Center’s website for additional information.
- A list of other parking structures located in the vicinity of the Marcus Center is available at ParkMilwaukee.com.
- Additionally, street parking is available for free on weekends beginning Fridays at 6 p.m. Please check the City of Milwaukee website for any parking restrictions or additional updates.
- For performances at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center, limited parking is available in the adjacent lot. If this lot is full, there is street parking available on Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Walnut Street, and Fourth Street. Parking is also available in the Golda Meir School parking lot which is located southwest of the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center at 1555 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
- We recommend planning extra time to find parking to ensure you are not late for your performance start time.
I am told my tickets will be at “will call.” What is “will call?”
- “Will call” is a theater term for picking up your tickets. All will call tickets may be picked up starting one hour prior to your performance start time. Will call tickets for performances in the Todd Wehr Theater will be available at the glass counter in the lower lobby of the Todd Wehr Theater.
- Will call tickets for all performances at Milwaukee Youth Arts Center are located at the top of the stairs as you enter the lobby of the building.
I misplaced, forgot my tickets at home, or never received my tickets, what do I do?
- Never fear, your tickets can always be reprinted for you. Inform the box office representative when you arrive at the theater, and he/she will reprint your tickets.
What happens if I am late to a performance?
- For the safety of our performers and to ensure an enjoyable experience for audience members, latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager at a suitable break in the performance. You may not be seated in your ticketed seats at this time, but you are welcome to take those seats at the intermission of the performance.
- This also applies to patrons who need to leave their seats during a performance.
I cannot use the stairs, is there an elevator?
- Both the Todd Wehr Theater and Milwaukee Youth Arts Center are ADA compliant and have elevator access and accessible seating.
- The elevator entrance for the Todd Wehr Theater is located under the stairwell leading to the lobby. You would just walk past the stairs facing the Riverwalk entrance to access a set of glass doors. Enter through these doors and proceed down the hallway towards the elevator.
- The elevator for Milwaukee Youth Arts Center is located in the front entrance area.
May I take pictures or video of a performance?
- The use of cameras, recording equipment, and other electronic devices is strictly prohibited in the theater during performances.
- You may take pictures of your friends and family in their seats inside the theater before the performance starts or after the performance and talkback has ended.
- If you have questions about taking pictures, please contact the House Manager at the theater.
May I bring food or beverages into the theater?
- Food and beverage are not allowed in the theater, with the exception of bottled water. Other food and beverage may be enjoyed in the lobby before or after the performance or during intermission.
Are there concessions for sale at all performances?
- Cookies, juice boxes, and water are available for sale preshow and during intermission at all Todd Wehr Theater productions for a nominal fee.
- Vending machines located in the commons area outside the theater for all performances at Milwaukee Youth Arts Center.
The weather is pretty bad today. Will First Stage cancel the performance?
- First Stage has never cancelled a weekend performance due to inclement weather. If severe conditions were to warrant performance cancellation, First Stage will attempt to contact all ticket holders for that performance by means of automated telephone calls, email, news, and social media.
- Please make sure we have your updated contact information when you place your ticket order.
I forgot we had tickets to a performance this weekend. Can I still exchange our tickets?
- Please contact our Patron Services Manager at (414) 267-2961 or email email@example.com for assistance with rescheduling your missed performance.